Our Story

Old churchIn 1896, three different congregations (Christian, Lutheran, and Presbyterian) met for worship in the house of a man named Ed May.  Each congregation had their own Sunday each month.  A little over a year later, in 1897, the congregations decided to merge forming Union Chapel Church and to build a church.

In 1954, Union Chapel joined the Missionary Church. The Missionary Church is an evangelical denomination committed to church planting, world missions, and the fulfillment of the Great Commission.

In 1964, a new sanctuary was built and in 1987, Union Chapel built the Family Life Center, a multi-purpose facility.  A gymnasium, kitchen, baptismal, and classrooms were included in the plan.  It now houses 4 Sunday School classes and our youth room, the Oasis.  It is also used during the week for other outreach activities.  In 2011, a new nursery and office facility was completed and the sanctuary was updated, including new seating, lighting, sound, and restrooms.

  Current church